Infinite Hard Drive Scanning/Loading + CRASHING!!

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
talkinrock

Infinite Hard Drive Scanning/Loading + CRASHING!!

Post by talkinrock »

I came across this bug a couple weeks back:

Every now and again, when I start Everything up, it keeps saying "Scanning Local Disk (C:)", until either I close the program, or it crashes. Basically, if it doesn't crash, it will never stop loading/scanning my hard drive (I've waited for 6 hours). When it does this, the only fix I've been able to figure out is to reinstall the program from scratch, which removes all my settings choices and such. Everything NEVER has done this behavior before a couple weeks ago, and I've ruled out that the problem is 99% NOT my computer, as the same bug has occurred on my other 2 Windows 7 64-Bit laptops (meaning the computer I first encountered the bug on is ALSO Windows 7 64-Bit).

Furthermore, as potential "fixes", I've tried rebuilding the database AT LEAST 15 times, having Everything start when my computer boots, run in the background, run in the background using the "Everything service", and (obviously) the infamous rebooting of the computer, but nothing solves the problem (not that I thought that any of these, except for the first one, would even fix the problem from the start, but at least I thought I'd try something nonetheless).

Is anybody having a similar problem, and/or can you help me out with this, please?

P.S. - I'm using Everything v1.3.3.658b Beta, just so you know...