Recent Changes and running old/new versions concurrently

General discussion related to "Everything".
deepdvd

Recent Changes and running old/new versions concurrently

Post by deepdvd »

What still needs to be done before the next official release:
  • Recent changes
  • Run History
  • First day of the week localization
  • Installer localization
Re-adding "Recent changes" is the last thing I'm waiting for to finally switch completely to the newer version. This (missing in 2013 beta versions) feature is the main reason I stick with Everything version 1.2.1.451a. I had been using new beta versions concurrently with this older alpha by using the instruction to point to a different .ini file by doing the following along with different hotkey combinations to open either.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything1.2.1.451a.exe" -startup -config EverythingOld.ini
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work any more (or I'm doing it wrong). I'm only able to run one version at a time. I'm hoping that Recent changes are added soon so I don't have to switch back and forth to use the new beta features.

Any progress to report on this coveted feature? ;)
Thanks in advance,
deepdvd
void
Developer

Re: Recent Changes and running old/new versions concurrently

Post by void »

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work any more (or I'm doing it wrong). I'm only able to run one version at a time. I'm hoping that Recent changes are added soon so I don't have to switch back and forth to use the new beta features.
To run 451a and the latest beta at the same time, please try:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything1.2.1.451a.exe" -startup -config EverythingOld.ini -instance "1.2.1.451a"
Any progress to report on this coveted feature? ;)
Recent changes has been implemented, there are still a few bugs I am trying to work out...
I hope to add run history before I release anything.
deepdvd

Re: Recent Changes and running old/new versions concurrently

Post by deepdvd »

I was about to post that I was wrong when I got a notification that you responded. It still uses the same method. I just didn't check my .ini file. As you mentioned here: http://forum.voidtools.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1624 ...

All I had to do was add the following to my Everything.ini file. For some reason, it must have gotten reset.

instance_name=beta
I'll just use both methods to be safe.
That's great news about recent changes though! Thanks for everything. ;)