Show A Folder's Contents When Clicking On Folder (When Search Is Set To Folders)

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
TimSample

Show A Folder's Contents When Clicking On Folder (When Search Is Set To Folders)

Post by TimSample »

Hi there
Thank you for replying to me recently in the 'tabs' topic regarding tab overflow navigation; I updated to the latest Everything 1.5a as you suggested and the feature works brilliantly
I've started this topic to see if it would be possible to show the file contents (like video files for example) of a folder as a drop down or something similar when searching for folders
Currently if I want to access the files in a certain folder, after finding the folder by searching in Everything, I open the folder in Windows File Explorer. I would love to be able to complete the whole process in everything alone though
Sorry again if this isn't explained very well or if I should have asked in an already existing topic
Thanks again for all your work on this great application
Tim
void
Developer

Re: Show A Folder's Contents When Clicking On Folder (When Search Is Set To Folders)

Post by void »

I will consider a folder preview pane or a context menu to show folder contents.

Thank you for the suggestions.

For now, the best option is to open the folder in Windows Explorer, like you are currently doing.

Other ideas:
Start dragging the folder, press Ctrl + T and drop the folder on the search box.
Drag the folder to the tab control (works best if the tab control is always shown under Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> tabs_always_show = true)
Enable Tools -> Options -> General -> Show folder context menu and right click the folder -> Search in Everything..