Exported filelist, when imported back, their properties are not displayed under their collumns

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Ralf_Reddings

Exported filelist, when imported back, their properties are not displayed under their collumns

Post by Ralf_Reddings »

For some reason when I export a file list and then I import back as a file list, my custom columns such as "Notes" (achieved with "custom_property_2") dot not display at all. The information is present in the CSV file itself but the everything window does not display the value under its corresponding column.

The following example, the everything window on the right is the one with the imported file list, the "notes" column is empty.

For complete disclosure, here is the configuration I have in my INI file, that allows me to achieve this "Notes" column:

Code: Select all

property_alternate_data_stream_ansi=Custom Property 0=MetaData-Category;Custom Property 1=MetaData-Flags;Custom Property 2=MetaData-Notes;
property_alternate_data_stream_utf8=
custom_property_2=Notes
I am on Everything Version 1.5.0.1359a (x64)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
void
Developer

Re: Exported filelist, when imported back, their properties are not displayed under their collumns

Post by void »

Everything uses the canonical name for properties in CSV/EFU files.

Please try changing Notes in your header to: Custom Property 2
Ralf_Reddings

Re: Exported filelist, when imported back, their properties are not displayed under their collumns

Post by Ralf_Reddings »

Thank you for the help void.

It still does not seem to work. As suggested, I updated my CSV to use
Custom Property 2
as the column name. I also created a new Everything instance just to make sure it was not the configuration settings my main Everything interfering. Sadly that instance too is not showing the property values for
Custom Property 2

void
Developer

Post by void »

Please change Name to Filename in your CSV file.

When the Filename column is missing, the first column is treated as the Filename and all other columns are ignored.
Ralf_Reddings

Post by Ralf_Reddings »

Thank you! that did it!

I also I can confirm that either "Notes" or "Custom Property 2" column works!