Bookmarks used or zooming have a Search Edit box bug

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Bookmarks used or zooming have a Search Edit box bug

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

[Coming out of this discussions viewtopic.php?t=14130 - knowledge of which is not necessary to undertsand below glitches]

I have such Bookmarks

Code: Select all

/zoom 75
/focus 10007

/zoom 100
/focus 10007

/zoom 125
/focus 10007
and their older variants

/zoom=75

/zoom=100

/zoom=125
that I use for quick and precise zooming of list of items when usisng Everything from afar with just my mouse

But no matter which one I use, when I start from the default state of not being zoomed in or out [i.e. at 100%] and I choose to zoom out to e.g. those 75%, then whatever had been written in the box of Search Edit it is now looking like it got smaller two times [i.e. 2 x 25%] and then also aligned to the top of this box. It is hard to tell what exactly happens as pixels are small and I am zooming out my view

And if now I will choose to jump my zoom to e.g. those 125% then whatever had been [re?]written is now largely truncated in that box. It is even harder now to tell what happens exactly but it looks like text gets enlarged also two times [by 50% total - in relation to default state of 100%] and also gets aligned - but this time to the bottom of box

And what is interesting, is that if I will outright jump from the default state [of 100%] to 125% using such Bookmark, then this bug does not manifests itself [but it does occur when I jump from 125% to 75%]

I am using Everything 1.5.0.1372a x64 Portable on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 x64 [10.0.19042]
void
Developer

Re: Bookmarks used or zooming have a Search Edit box bug

Post by void »

From memory you are using a custom toolbar_high. (Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> toolbar_high)

Everything is not recalculating the search box position and size when zooming with a custom toolbar_high.
I will have this fixed in the next alpha update.

Thank you for the issue report.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Re: Bookmarks used or zooming have a Search Edit box bug

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

Yes, I have

Tools > Options > Advanced > toolbar_high > 18
and if I change it to default value of
then these Bookmarks seem to be working A-OK

Looking forward to the update