open_file_commands not available anymore?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Biff

open_file_commands not available anymore?

Post by Biff »

I cannot find open_file_commands anymore. And it does not seem to work anymore. What am I missing?
void
Developer

Re: open_file_commands not available anymore?

Post by void »

It was replaced with custom_open_commands

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please try the following:
  • In Everything 1.5, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Advanced tab on the left.
  • To the right of Show settings containing, search for:
    command
  • Select custom_open_commands.
  • Set the value to:

Code: Select all

[{"filter"="*.3g2;*.3gp;*.3gp2;*.3gpp;*.amr;*.amv;*.asf;*.avi;*.bdmv;*.bik;*.d2v;*.divx;*.drc;*.dsa;*.dsm;*.dss;*.dsv;*.evo;*.f4v;*.flc;*.fli;*.flic;*.flv;*.hdmov;*.ifo;*.ivf;*.m1v;*.m2p;*.m2t;*.m2ts;*.m2v;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mp2v;*.mp4;*.mp4v;*.mpe;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpls;*.mpv2;*.mpv4;*.mov;*.mts;*.ogm;*.ogv;*.pss;*.pva;*.qt;*.ram;*.ratdvd;*.rm;*.rmm;*.rmvb;*.roq;*.rpm;*.smil;*.smk;*.swf;*.tp;*.tpr;*.ts;*.vob;*.vp6;*.webm;*.wm;*.wmp;*.wmv","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\MPC-HCPortable\\MPC-HCPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.txt;*.ini","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.odt;*.ott;*.docx;*.dotx;*.doc;*.dot;*.rtf","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\LibreOfficePortable\\LibreOfficeWriterPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.ani;*.bmp;*.gif;*.ico;*.jpe;*.jpeg;*.jpg;*.pcx;*.png;*.psd;*.tga;*.tif;*.tiff;*.wmf;*.cr2","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\XnViewMp\\xnviewmp.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.ods","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\LibreOfficePortable\\LibreOfficeCalcPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.pdf","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\PDF-XChange Editor Plus\\PDF-XChange Editor.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.scrivx","command"="$exec(\"C:\\Program Files\\Scrivener3\\Scrivener.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.7z;*.ace;*.arj;*.bz2;*.cab;*.gz;*.gzip;*.r00;*.r01;*.r02;*.r03;*.r04;*.r05;*.r06;*.r07;*.r08;*.r09;*.r10;*.r11;*.r12;*.r13;*.r14;*.r15;*.r16;*.r17;*.r18;*.r19;*.r20;*.r21;*.r22;*.r23;*.r24;*.r25;*.r26;*.r27;*.r28;*.r29;*.rar;*.tar;*.tgz;*.z;*.zip","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\WinRar\\WinRAR Portable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.html;*.htm;*.mht;*.url","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\FirefoxPortable\\FirefoxPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"}]

• Click OK.
open_file_commands: some extensions do not open?
Biff

Post by Biff »

Ah, super, works again! Thank you very much!

The original (edited) code (being in the older Everything version)

Code: Select all

[{"filter"="*.3g2;*.3gp;*.3gp2;*.3gpp;*.amr;*.amv;*.asf;*.avi;*.bdmv;*.bik;*.d2v;*.divx;*.drc;*.dsa;*.dsm;*.dss;*.dsv;*.evo;*.f4v;*.flc;*.fli;*.flic;*.flv;*.hdmov;*.ifo;*.ivf;*.m1v;*.m2p;*.m2t;*.m2ts;*.m2v;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mp2v;*.mp4;*.mp4v;*.mpe;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpls;*.mpv2;*.mpv4;*.mov;*.mts;*.ogm;*.ogv;*.pss;*.pva;*.qt;*.ram;*.ratdvd;*.rm;*.rmm;*.rmvb;*.roq;*.rpm;*.smil;*.smk;*.swf;*.tp;*.tpr;*.ts;*.vob;*.vp6;*.webm;*.wm;*.wmp;*.wmv","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\MPC-HCPortable\\MPC-HCPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.txt;*.ini","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.odt;*.ott;*.docx;*.dotx;*.doc;*.dot;*.rtf","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\LibreOfficePortable\\LibreOfficeWriterPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.ani;*.bmp;*.gif;*.ico;*.jpe;*.jpeg;*.jpg;*.pcx;*.png;*.psd;*.tga;*.tif;*.tiff;*.wmf;*.cr2","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\XnViewMp\\xnviewmp.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.ods","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\LibreOfficePortable\\LibreOfficeCalcPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.pdf","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\PDF-XChange Editor Plus\\PDF-XChange Editor.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.scrivx","command"="$exec(\"C:\\Program Files\\Scrivener3\\Scrivener.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.7z;*.ace;*.arj;*.bz2;*.cab;*.gz;*.gzip;*.r00;*.r01;*.r02;*.r03;*.r04;*.r05;*.r06;*.r07;*.r08;*.r09;*.r10;*.r11;*.r12;*.r13;*.r14;*.r15;*.r16;*.r17;*.r18;*.r19;*.r20;*.r21;*.r22;*.r23;*.r24;*.r25;*.r26;*.r27;*.r28;*.r29;*.rar;*.tar;*.tgz;*.z;*.zip","command"="$exec(\"J:\\Programme\\WinRar\\WinRAR Portable.exe\" \"%1\")"},{"filter"="*.html;*.htm;*.mht;*.url","command"="$exec(\"J:\\PortableApps\\PortableApps\\FirefoxPortable\\FirefoxPortable.exe\" \"%1\")"}]
is deleted, not available anymore?
void
Developer

Post by void »

The old open_file_commands ini setting was removed.

custom_open_commands has the same functionality, plus a few extra things like adding to your context menu.
Biff

Post by Biff »

And there is no backup of it, I assume. OK, so there is no way to get my code back, I just have to add the programs / extensions again I added to that code here.
custom_open_commands has the same functionality, plus a few extra things like adding to your context menu.
That is great, many thanks!
void
Developer

Post by void »

And there is no backup of it, I assume. OK, so there is no way to get my code back, I just have to add the programs / extensions again I added to that code here.
Yes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Biff

Post by Biff »

No, no, no need for apologies. Works great now

And besides, it just is an alpha version, so something like that (and even much worse) can happen, I guess.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Biff wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:04 am
And there is no backup of it
You are responsible for backups of your files
What's the problem with it for Everything ?
There is only an Ini file and a few csv files to save.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Oops, well, yes, sometimes there is a lack of responsibility, indeed.

No no, no problem with it, one of the backups sometime just overwrote the one with the old ini file.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Biff wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:52 pm Oops, well, yes, sometimes there is a lack of responsibility, indeed.

No no, no problem with it, one of the backups sometime just overwrote the one with the old ini file.
To avoid this I'm using ZPAQ which holds any number of versions.
It's also deduplicating, so only changed files will consume space.
Biff

Post by Biff »

OK, thank you, seems to be 7 years old.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Biff wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:28 am OK, thank you, seems to be 7 years old.
What's the problem with the age ?
Do you think that software gets worse just by being many years old?
The compression algorithmen are tested and stable.
I use it together with a Total Commander plugin since Windows 7 and now in Windows 11
and have archived Gigabytes of files with it.
Biff

Post by Biff »

What's the problem with the age ?
Do you think that software gets worse just by being many years old?
I am not sure, may be some does.

But I am afraid, I have some problems with command lines somehow.