Command Line : Subfolders tickbox option / manual toggle action / short command-line codes

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Command Line : Subfolders tickbox option / manual toggle action / short command-line codes

Post by meteorquake »

I couldn't see it present, but one essential and I suspect super-easy thing would be a command-line option to choose whether the subfolders tickbox is set on or off.
* Perhaps -subfolders-on & -subfolders-off
otherwise the setting and hence results are not predictable and you furthermore lose your launched-selected file when toggling it on manually to see the file (where the folder tree was launched at the distant parent of the launch-selected file and subfolders happened to be off).
* Also currently when you tick the subfolders tickbox on/off you lose the selected files. My recommendation is that the selection be maintained as much as able. Switching subfolders on shouldn't lose the selection at all, switching it off may though lose some entries. It's probably more important for switching it on, but there are uses when switching off too especially if the selection is all at the base and doesn't get trimmed by the toggle.
* As an extra thought over time as the number of options builds up there may also be scope for case sensitive quick codes for those wanting it where for boolean options upper case means on and lower case means off e.g. -flt -FLD -sub -PRV might mean Filters:off Foldertree:on Subfolders:off Preview:On
or for those not wanting case sensitivity then -flt0 -fld1 -sub0 -prv1 -Short codes would then make the whole command-line easier to see especially when visual space is short for example it's in the registry, but some people do prefer meaningful short mnemonics over longer names.
Cheers, David
Last edited by meteorquake on Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: Command Line : Subfolders tickbox option / manual toggle action / short command-line codes

Post by void »

Please replace -explore with one of the following:

-explore-no-sub-folders
-explore-sub-folders

To toggle this setting without exploring, please see:

-folders-sidebar-subfolders
-no-folders-sidebar-subfolders
meteorquake

Re: Command Line : Subfolders tickbox option / manual toggle action / short command-line codes

Post by meteorquake »

Thanks! Usually a thing turns out to be there!
I must learn to look on that thread rather than the help!
Hopefully the other two ideas may be useful. One of the great things about Everything is it maintains the selection through a sort unlike post-XP Explorer, but the subfolder toggle is one exception to that.
David