Syntax to search for a folder that has two or more files whose names are known

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
koolestani

Syntax to search for a folder that has two or more files whose names are known

Post by koolestani »

Greetings
I'm trying to find the folder that contains both
Person.A
Location.C

I could open two search windows and searched individually for Person.A and take a look at the folders that contain this file.
And done the same for Location.C and take a look at the folders that contain this file.
Manually look for the folder that appears in both search results.

Instead I'm looking for a way to achieve this but in a single search window, is this possible?
This is the simplest configuration of such a situation, things can get more complex if you are trying to find a folder that contains say 5 such files, that means 5 separate searches, the folders that contain these files in isolation can be hundreds, but only a few will contain them in combination.

For example Person.A has been to hundreds of locations, also hundreds of people have been to Location.C, but the results get narrowed down when you ask when was Person.A at Location.C.

I thought this might be possible with the AND operator or the Grouping <> feature but I haven't been able to make it work.
void
Developer

Re: Syntax to search for a folder that has two or more files whose names are known

Post by void »

Please try the following search:

child:Person.A child:Location.C

Space = AND
child:
koolestani

Re: Syntax to search for a folder that has two or more files whose names are known

Post by koolestani »

I think I love you David. Thanks so much for this.