Thanks for console logging!

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
programmablesoda

Thanks for console logging!

Post by programmablesoda »

It is great to see what all is going on.

I found that Brave Browser sync writes to a file nigori.bin every few seconds. So I've turned it off!

There is also a file "TransportSecurity" that is written multiple times a second. I can't tell how much exactly between updates, as there is no timestamp in the console, but it seems to be more frequently that I would think necessary.

Anyone have an idea of what the "TransportSecurity" file is and why it needs to abuse the filesystem so much?

BTW, the console normally exits when exiting Everything, but sometimes you can orphan it. Especially if you have a settings dialog open.
I can't log it because the logging file is only written when you STOP logging. If you exit in "start logging" mode, the file is not written to disk.
void
Developer

Re: Thanks for console logging!

Post by void »

You may find the Index Journal in the Everything 1.5 alpha useful.

The Index Journal will show all the changes to your Everything index.

The console will stay open until you completely exit Everything.
Everything runs in the background.
Right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit to completely exit Everything.

The log is not flushed to disk when you exit Everything, I have fixed this for the next alpha update.
programmablesoda

Re: Thanks for console logging!

Post by programmablesoda »

Thanks! Awesome as usual. I used it to verify that it is that Brave Browser that is abusing the file system.