Tabbed support?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Kurt

Tabbed support?

Post by Kurt »

Still exploring 1.5 features but am using Everything more now than ever before in previous years.. anyway having to open a new window to keep previous search results would be better if I could just keep everything in single window and just have a tab bar that worked like a browser.. maybe even on close it could save the session of tabbed windows.

Or even pinned search tabs?

well tabs more tabs, add tabs :)
therube

Re: Tabbed support?

Post by therube »

(I'll just say, while I (some might say, over)use browser tabs all the time... would tabs work, here?
What about Filters (the filter bar)? And displayed columns? And sort orders? And...
I suppose if each Tab were treated as it were its own Window, simply in a tab format...?)
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

So tabs like I have on explorer.. where they are aligned in there own toolbar, so in everything, that would ideally be to the right of the menubar... usually plenty of empty space...

if not that, then if you have another tab opened then you could have a new toolbar appear below the menubar and above the search bar... so if you only use 1 single window you don't see it, but if instead of opening a new window, you open a new tab window then that tabbar will show up....

ofc maybe support being able to drag and drop the tab out of the tabbar into it's own separate window?

yknow basically everything a decent modern browser should be able to supporting with tabs in 2020..
Attachments
explorer_eLBV5WfbpS.png
explorer_eLBV5WfbpS.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

From another post:
A tabbed interface was also suggested before, but I don't know if it ended up on the to-do list.
But ....
You can create your own tabbed interface for Everything (sort of)

Use an application like TidyTabs or TaskSpace (no longer in development since a couple of years, but still works) and you can virtually run any application in a tabbed interface (I used in the past to group together task/project related applications)
Not exactly the same as you suggested, but maybe enough for now.

TidyTabs: https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/tidytabs
TaskSpace: http://www.systemgoods.com/#taskspace

Both are free for personal use.