Sorting unseen columns

General discussion related to "Everything".
phototaker

Sorting unseen columns

Post by phototaker »

I have been looking for a way to get all of my old photo's which are in Adobe Photoshop Elements sorted correctly.

It seems that Windows sets the 'date created' as being the date the photos' that Windows wants to set as the default. This is despite the fact that the JPEG's have EXIF date which clearly shows that the same photo was actually taken many years earlier. Most of these photos in the catalog also have a date displayed beneath them that isn't the day Windows first saw them. The Exif data also has details about camera model settings etc. As far as I'm concerned the only date that matters is the real 'Date Taken' especially since I want my pictures sorted that way.

If I go to Windows Explorer details I can add to this view a 'Date Taken' data column. I have entered data taken into Everything but it doesn't find anything at all. Is there any data that Everything that isn't normally displayed? Even if Everthing were to be able what I'm looking for would there be anyway to apply this sorted to the PC?

Thanks in advance