How to scroll multiple images with the same number from the results bar?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
salam2009

How to scroll multiple images with the same number from the results bar?

Post by salam2009 »

Hi,
I checked the commands in Options=>Keyboard section but wasn't able to jump from one result image to the next one which has the same number from the results bar. It always shows me the next image from the previous image's folder.
Thanks for any help in advance!
Cheers
void
Developer

Re: How to scroll multiple images with the same number from the results bar?

Post by void »

I don't understand.

Are you using voidImageViewer? or the Everything preview pane? or Everything thumbnails?
salam2009

Post by salam2009 »

void wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:12 am I don't understand.

Are you using voidImageViewer? or the Everything preview pane? or Everything thumbnails?
Sorry for not being clear. I'm using Everything thumbnails & opening the results using Windows Photo Viewer.
My question is, i.e., when I open an image from the results, how can I view the next/previous ones from the results thumbnails using the (Right, Left) keyboard buttons? Because doing so would show me the ones in each result's own folder which makes me close each image then opening the other results by mouse/Enter.
therube

Post by therube »

So you're looking to see the next/prev file - as listed by Everything, not the next/prev file available from Windows Photo Viewer?

If it is only a (relatively) small set of files, you could select them all & drag & drop them into, say, Irfanview.

For a larger number of files, suppose you could automate something, exporting the list of files, parsing if needed, then opening that list in Irfanview (perhaps?).
salam2009

Post by salam2009 »

therube wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 pm So you're looking to see the next/prev file - as listed by Everything, not the next/prev file available from Windows Photo Viewer?
Yes, exactly!
therube wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 pmIf it is only a (relatively) small set of files, you could select them all & drag & drop them into, say, Irfanview.

For a larger number of files, suppose you could automate something, exporting the list of files, parsing if needed, then opening that list in Irfanview (perhaps?).
If using another image viewer is the only way to go then how about installing voidImageViewer & making it the default viewer?
Would it let me scroll through the result list using the right/left keyboard keys?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Windows Photo Viewer does not have the ability to set the sort order as far as I know.

There's no image viewer that I know of that will use the same sort order as in Everything.

voidImageViewer has an option to set the sort order from the Navigate -> Sort menu.

Added to my TODO list:
I'll look into an option to specify a custom command line parameter when executing an item in Everything for each different view/sort order.
eg: when sorting by date modified, add the following command line option when executing: -sort-date-modified-descending