Search Everything Won't Start

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Polywox

Search Everything Won't Start

Post by Polywox »

I've used Search Everything for years. I run Windows 7 Home. For some reason, today I can't get SE to start. I uninstalled SE with Revo Uninstaller & reinstalled it, but no luck. I rebooted my system. No luck. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Polywox

Re: Search Everything Won't Start

Post by Polywox »

I forgot to say that when I tried to install the first time, I accepted the defaults. When I went to install it a second time (over the top of the previous installation), I changed the install from installing it as a Service to installing it as Administrator. The second time I got an error message, a big red X, ".\src\main.c(612):_main_do_command_line_installs(): Fatal error: Failed to copy Everything.exe: 32.
therube

Post by therube »

See, 'Troubleshooting', at the bottom of this page, https://www.voidtools.com/support/every ... verything/.
(A couple errors listed, neither specifically what you have, but...)
froggie

Post by froggie »

You might try downloading the portable version of Everything - it is a zip file, no install required, just unzip and execute.
void
Developer

Post by void »

This error usually occurs when the Everything Service is still running.
The Everything service might be busy indexing your NTFS volumes.

Please try ending any existing Everything.exe processes and trying the installation process again.

Alternatively, uninstall Everything. Restart your PC and re-install Everything.