Keep offline volumes in the index

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
warduweram

Re: Keep offline volumes in the index

Post by warduweram »

@void Hey! First, let me tell you how thankful I am for this great piece of software, without which I can barely use a PC joyfully any more, it makes so much of a difference!

I'm having an issue with alpha builds after .1343a that won't list my offline volume contents in searches any more. So, I install, 1354a or 1355a and my offline content is gone while the db is still the same. I can just downgrade to 1343a again and the offline content is back and searchable. The combined size of my archive does still get displayed as the same in the lower right corner, though. I use Everything to manage all my offline HDs that I can just pop into a dock after getting my result instantaneously, so I really love this feature and am blissful every time it gets any expansion. Could you please check what the matter might be, so I can keep updating the alpha builds? I had to switch to alpha for some reason I forgot about, I think it handles the offline operations better.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Everything .1344a added some features that required a change in the database structure to support these.

That means Everything needs to re-read your drives (including connecting your off-line volumes once).
After that is done, off-line volumes will be kept in the database as usual.
warduweram

Post by warduweram »

Oh, I see, thanks for the info, NotNull, guess I will have to take a day off to pop those 40 disks in again. :D
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

warduweram wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 pm40 disks
:shock:

Good thing that Everything is very fast then :D

Quick tip: make sure your 41th disk (and beyond) is NTFS formatted as Everything can index those a lot faster than FAT/FAT32/exFAT formatted volumes. Seconds vs. minutes type of speed difference.
(but you probably knew that already ..)
warduweram

Post by warduweram »

Oh yeah, I use NTFS mostly, but thanks for the heads-up! I'll probably stall the updating instead, since I really don't feel like doing that whole process again. :p But it's not a big deal, since I don't have a lot of issues with Everything, you can really see it's a labor of love. Well, I haven't managed to get the themes working with alpha (they do work with 1.4), but I don't wanna hijack the thread. :D
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

warduweram wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:47 pm I don't wanna hijack the thread. :D
Hahaha, it your own thread! :D
Themes for 1.5 are on void's to-do list.
(and I am also writing a theme manager for 1.5 to give @void some time to breathe. Don't know when that will be finished)
warduweram

Post by warduweram »

Great to hear, thanks for the heads-up again, NotNull, I appreciate it. Have a good nite or day, depending on where you are. :D