Searching within Folders Issue

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Lola13

Searching within Folders Issue

Post by Lola13 »

Hey Everyone, when I right click a folder and select "Search Everything", the program opens and presents me with a string like this
"::{021E3925-7B94-4DC3-B132-E946B67C8DD5}\Documents.library-ms"

In that string where do I put in the title or the file or the text that I am looking for within the folder? I have tried putting / dog, /dog, /dog* etc. at the front and back of the string with no luck.

I would be very grateful for any assistance. Thank you.
therube

Re: Searching within Folders Issue

Post by therube »

What version of Everything?

Try, "Everything" version 1.3.3.658b.
http://forum.voidtools.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2217

You would put you search term, "dog", either before the first quote mark or after the last.
Lola13

Post by Lola13 »

Hi therube and thank you for your reply.

I am using Version 1.3.3.658 (x64) and I did what you said but it still does not work. 0 results are returned.

I also reinstalled Everything using the link you provided awhile ago and still no dice.
therube

Post by therube »

Oh, so this is a MS "library" (of which I am not familiar)?

Not sure if Everything recognizes "libraries" per se?
You may need to start your search from the underlying directory (the directory('s) the library points to).

You could do something like "dog /My Documents/" if that is sufficient.
Lola13

Post by Lola13 »

That string with ms library comes up when I right click My Documents and then select Search Everything.

A similar ms library string comes up when I right click Pictures or Music folder as well. There must be a way to right click and search a folder using Everything but it is just baffling at the moment. So now to search in Folders I use FileSearchEX. Really wish I could find out how to do it with Everything search using a simple right click though.

Thanks a lot for trying though therube.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

I know this is an old topic but I have an answer...

In Windows 7 simply expand the "My Documents" library item in your folder tree, right click on the "My Documents" folder underneath it. "Search Everything..." brings up the real folder in this case.

Note: At the top of Explorer click Organize>>Layout. Check "Navigation pane" to show your folder tree.

I assume it is much the same in XP.