How do I blacklist a folder from having its properties read, WITHOUT having to index the rest?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
nmkd

How do I blacklist a folder from having its properties read, WITHOUT having to index the rest?

Post by nmkd »

My current setup:
Total Bit Rate and Dimensions enabled, but not indexed. So they are read each time I do a search.
I want to keep them non-indexed as I have a ton of media files that would make a full rescan take ages.

The problem is that I want to exclude certain folders (slow drives, network locations, etc) from having their properties read.
Adding them to Indexes -> Properties and excluding them there causes ALL the other locations to be indexed.

Is it possible to exclude locations from real-time property reading?
void
Developer

Re: How do I blacklist a folder from having its properties read, WITHOUT having to index the rest?

Post by void »

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> property_cache_exclude_folders

Set to a semicolon (;) delimited list of folders to exclude when gathering properties.

-or-

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> property_cache_include_only_folders

Set to a semicolon (;) delimited list of folders to include only when gathering properties.
Leave empty to include all folders.

-or-

Exclude folders from your search, for example:

!"d:\folder\I\don't\want\" !"e:\another\folder\I\don't\want\" !"f:\folder3\etc...\"

! = NOT

-or-

Specify the 'fast' folders in your search:

"c:\local\folder\" | "j:\another\local\path\" | "h:\etc...\"

| = OR
nmkd

Re: How do I blacklist a folder from having its properties read, WITHOUT having to index the rest?

Post by nmkd »

Big thanks, works exactly the way I needed it.