Duration/Length

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
ThorOfAsgard

Duration/Length

Post by ThorOfAsgard »

After i found this program it was awesome and i cant believe i didnt know about it for so long. However there is one thing thatd' be awesome to add is a duration/length column for video and audio files. (or if there is another program that does that?). Its just so fast searching with Everything that 1 addition would be nice. There are also tons of other column things you can add like the regular windows explorer has that might also be useful to add to Everything.

Thank you
void
Developer

Re: Duration/Length

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback ThorOfAsgard,

Everything 1.5 will have support for a length column.
ThorOfAsgard

Post by ThorOfAsgard »

Ah cool never saw the 1.5 just the 1.4
ThorOfAsgard

Post by ThorOfAsgard »

The only thing i would note from what i have that you linked me is that, while i appear to have all the same options, i dont have the drop down like shown in your picture. Like if i want to get those options i click "Add Columns..." which brings up a new window where i can choose more things. In your picture you can right click, highlight audio, then a drop down list opens. I dont seem to have that. Doesnt really matter, just a curiosity what is different in the one i downloaded that you linked me. Like all the options under "Run Count".
Last edited by ThorOfAsgard on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Only basic file information and indexed properties are listed in this context menu.

You will need to click Add columns... and select Length.

-or-

Index Length under Tools -> Options -> Properties.
ThorOfAsgard

Post by ThorOfAsgard »

I see in your picture an option called "Find Name Duplicates". I see no such option in mine. Your drop down properties context menu is different than mine. Being able to find duplicates would be super useful.

Mine looks like the picture on top and yours looks like the picture below.
Attachments
Everything Context Menu.png
Everything Context Menu.png (12.36 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Everything Context Menu (theirs).png
Everything Context Menu (theirs).png (84.5 KiB) Viewed 321 times
therube

Post by therube »

Where are your column headers, or is that only a partial shot, a shot not showing the various Property categories?
What version of 1.5?
I see no such [Find Name Duplicates]option in mine
If yours is the top picture, then Find Name Duplicates is there.

More generally it is Find <column header> Duplicates, depending on which column you bring up the context menu.

With Length, you can also set a tolerance factor (in seconds), length_dupe_tolerance=0.
void
Developer

Post by void »

My screen shot is pretty old.

This is what it looks like now:

I have updated the Properties page.