Bug with folder view

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
vsub

Bug with folder view

Post by vsub »

1.When you right click on a folder in the folder view sidebar,you have an option to open the folder in a tab or in "other view"(I thought that meant another window)

Both options are opening the folder in explorer

2.context_menu_shell_extensions is set to 0 and that prevents showing shell extensions but that works only in the result list
void
Developer

Re: Bug with folder view

Post by void »

1.When you right click on a folder in the folder view sidebar,you have an option to open the folder in a tab or in "other view"(I thought that meant another window)
Everything doesn't have a native option to do this.

Did you add custom folder menu items in your registry?
Do you also see these custom folder menu items in Windows Explorer when right clicking a folder?

What are these custom commands? I can help with getting Everything to open a new window/tab.

2.context_menu_shell_extensions is set to 0 and that prevents showing shell extensions but that works only in the result list
I'll look into using only a basic context menu when context_menu_shell_extensions is disabled.

Thank you for the suggestions.
vsub

Post by vsub »

1.Hmm it seems those menus are from QTTabBar but I found another way
If I Shift+R.Click on an item,I can open it in Everything by using the Explore in Everything
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1373a will now use a basic context menu for the folder sidebar when context_menu_shell_extensions is disabled.