Excluding files & folders with DM in the future

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Massor

Excluding files & folders with DM in the future

Post by Massor »

I often watch in Everything for latest created/modified files, but I notice that are in my system some files (installed fonts and others) with modified date way in the future, that are always on top of my sort, which makes hard to spot the latest files. How can I filter files with dm: in the future, eventually create a result omission filter (something like dm:>=today)?
Thanks!
NotNull

Re: Excluding files & folders with DM in the future

Post by NotNull »

Add the following to your search:

Code: Select all

!dm:>now
! = NOT
Massor

Post by Massor »

NotNull wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:50 am Add the following to your search:

Code: Select all

!dm:>now
! = NOT
Thanks NotNull. I know how to search this, I was wondering if it can be made like a (semi)permanent filter, preferably in the Result Omissions zone.
I don't even know it this expression is working (for me), because it returns zero matches when I remove the NOT "!" operator. What timeframe "now" is referring to? This second, this minute... ?
I'm using the latest 1.5.
Result Omissions.png
Result Omissions.png (17.37 KiB) Viewed 114 times
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Massor wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:58 pm Thanks NotNull. I know how to search this, I was wondering if it can be made like a (semi)permanent filter, preferably in the Result Omissions zone.
I don't even know it this expression is working (for me), because it returns zero matches when I remove the NOT "!" operator. What timeframe "now" is referring to? This second, this minute... ?
Right, missed that ...
Don't think this is possible through Result Omissions.
Suppose you have a file on your system, dated tomorrow (2024-04-14). That would mean that if tomorrow comes, this file should be removed from the Result Omission list?
Adding this to Filters will work, as these evaluate the date restriction when the filter is applied.

What I would do personally (and have done as I also had a couple of "files from the future"):
- Search for dm:>today
- Select all results (CTRL + A)
- Menu => Edit => Advanced => Set File Time
- Set the dates to Today or a custom date in the past.
Massor

Post by Massor »

Yes, right, I also change the date of several files, but still have some installed fonts that cannot touch, so, I want to exclude them.
I will try with Filters, although it will be better to be free to use any other filter of choose, with "files from the future" exclusion already in place.
Thanks!