Rebrand

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
MuffinTastic

Rebrand

Post by MuffinTastic »

I've used Everything for a while now, I love its feature set. It's extremely quick, works on all my drives, lets me regex filenames, and so on... I mean really, you don't need me to list all its features. Safe to say it's great software.

The one thing I don't love though, the one thing that isn't great... is its name. "Everything". It leaves something to be desired. It causes confusion in conversations. Even in this very post, at the very start, if the E in Everything hadn't been capitalized it would have been confusing without context. "Everything is great." "I love Everything." What on Earth is this guy talking about?

I propose something much more branded, like "voidsearch", "voidtools search", something of the like. Easy to say, unique as far as I know, and should be a bit better for search engines as well.
NotNull

Re: Rebrand

Post by NotNull »

MuffinTastic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:46 am The one thing I don't love though, the one thing that isn't great... is its name. "Everything". It leaves something to be desired. It causes confusion in conversations.
Not half as bad as calling a word processor ... Word ;)

Although I had the same thoughts as you the first days of using Everything, in reality it never caused issues.
The context will make it clear or -- in case of emergency -- use "voidtools Everything" instead.
(or "Search Everything" / Everything Search" ; as long as people get the idea)

BTW: In my native language (not English) "Everything" really stands out. No confusion possible :D
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

NotNull wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 pm BTW: In my native language (not English) "Everything" really stands out. No confusion possible :D
The same for German :D
therube

Post by therube »

(I'm of the opinion that everything is Everything & for anyone who does not know what Everything is, then they certainly do not know everything & they need to be taught, correctly, just what Everything is.

As far as changing the name to some void...search or whatnot, bla!
Heh.)