❓ Content search brings 0 results

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
wise_mike

❓ Content search brings 0 results

Post by wise_mike »

Hi,

I just installed Everything 1.5 Alpha for content search purpose, added the include only folder, and filetypes, but it does nothing. I tried searching for html files that has the text "jpg" using content:"jpg" command, but nothing shows, and nothing seemed indexed. No progress bar in the program's taskbar.

Should I be changing any other options in the program to work? What am I doing wrong?

I have Windows 10 search disabled as I don't use it and it slows the computer, could that be the reason? Is Everything dependent on Windows Search Index?

Thanks,

NotNull

Re: ❓ Content search brings 0 results

Post by NotNull »

Please uncheck the Exclude not content indexed in the dialog of your screenshot.

If checked, Everything will Exclude files and folders with the not content indexed attribute
The not content indexed attribute will be set (or not) by Windows Search.

Unchecking Exclude not content indexed will make Everything index the specified content, regardless of the Windows Search configuration.
wise_mike

Post by wise_mike »

Works great.. Thanks.

A couple of questions:
1- Is there a "count" option that shows how many matches in each file for the search term? I found a "Run Count" column, most of the time it shows no numbers.

2- In the Options > Indexes > Database Location, I changed to a certain folder. Now the indexer is still running indexing thousands of document content, but the folder I change the DB location to is still 607 bytes. Isn't there a database file like sql or something the stores the content so it doesn't re-index them each time I open the program (if they are unchanged files)?

Thanks for the great program.
void
Developer

Post by void »

1- Is there a "count" option that shows how many matches in each file for the search term? I found a "Run Count" column, most of the time it shows no numbers.
A Content Occurrence Count property is on my TODO list.

For now, please consider the following filter:
From the Search menu, click Add to filters...
Change the Name to:
Content with Count
Change the Search to:

Code: Select all

content:search: add-column:a a-label:"Content Count" a:=(LEN(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER($content:)))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER($content:)),REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER(search:)),"")))/LEN(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER(search:)))
Change the Macro to:
cc<search>
Click OK.

Instead of using content: use cc:

2- In the Options > Indexes > Database Location, I changed to a certain folder. Now the indexer is still running indexing thousands of document content, but the folder I change the DB location to is still 607 bytes. Isn't there a database file like sql or something the stores the content so it doesn't re-index them each time I open the program (if they are unchanged files)?
Everything stores the database in memory.
The database is written to disk when you exit Everything.
wise_mike

Post by wise_mike »

Great support! Thanks a million.
void
Developer

Post by void »

The following filter search fixes an issue with evaluating the parameter.

content:"#[REGEXREPLACE:search:#]:" add-column:a a-label:"Content Count" a:=(LEN(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER($content:)))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER($content:)),REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER("#[REGEXREPLACE:search:#]:")),"")))/LEN(REMOVEDIACRITICS(LOWER("#[REGEXREPLACE:search:#]:")))
search: => "#[REGEXREPLACE:search:#]:"

I'm working on a cleaner solution...
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

void wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:32 am I'm working on a cleaner solution...
And you did! (by introducing the STRINGCOUNT() formula)

Filter:

Name = Content with Count
Search = content:search:   addcol:A   A-label:="Content Count"   A:=STRINGCOUNT($content:,search:)
Macro = cc<search>
Search:
cc:"hello world"

Result:
In the extra Content Count column will be shown how many times "hello world" was detected in each file.