How can network mapped drive content be accessed in HTTP in “-client-svc” mode?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
worm

How can network mapped drive content be accessed in HTTP in “-client-svc” mode?

Post by worm »

As the title suggests, I used the "-install-client-service" command-line parameter to install everything as a client service, opened HTTP, and added network mapped drive letters to the folders option. You can search for the content of network mapped drives locally, but it is not possible in HTTP. How should I modify the configuration file to achieve this function? Or is it because it is running under SYSTEM permission and cannot access the network mapped drive at all?
NotNull

Re: How can network mapped drive content be accessed in HTTP in “-client-svc” mode?

Post by NotNull »

worm wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:14 am Or is it because it is running under SYSTEM permission and cannot access the network mapped drive at all?
That is indeed the most common cause.

Change the credentials to one that locally has administrator privileges and on the network has access to these shares.
That can be done in Windows itself, using services.msc. Credentials can be provided in the Log On tab.
worm

Re: How can network mapped drive content be accessed in HTTP in “-client-svc” mode?

Post by worm »

Does that mean that everything itself cannot access network drives under SYSTEM permission?
If future development can enable everything to clone the token of the current login user process like Advancedrun to access network drives, it would be very impressive! For example, a configuration file parameter can be added: MapFromService=1. Run the parameter as "-client-svc" in service mode. If the user logs in and clones a process token such as "explorer.exe" for mapping, otherwise the original process will be followed..
Of course, this is just my personal experience.
void
Developer

Post by void »

The mapped network drive does not exist as SYSTEM. (when running as a client service)

Either:

Mapped the network drive as SYSTEM.
-or-
Use \\server\share