Reusing saved DB

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
sk2107

Reusing saved DB

Post by sk2107 »

Hello,

I managed to create a complete list contains all the calculated properties for all my external Hard disks and closed Everything and I took a copy of the DB as a backup.

My question is how I can use this copy again without losing any data in it (mostly there are minor changes in the listed files).

Now what I am doing is that I extracted a EFU file and use it when I need to work with files, but I need something more consistent because the EFU file will not reflect the change that I may do while browsing.

Thank you.
horst.epp

Re: Reusing saved DB

Post by horst.epp »

The help says
-read-only
Loads the database in read-only mode.
void
Developer

Post by void »

db2efu (I'll add Everything 1.5 support soon)

-db
-read-only
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

Sorry but my goal is to use the DB and not the EFU, what I meant is something like what I tried once is to create a new instance and close it and replace its DB with my backup DB, it worked till a certain extend but not fully.

Regards
void
Developer

Post by void »

it worked till a certain extend but not fully
What happened?
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

Hello,

I closed "Everything" and replaced the DB with my backup DB, but the result was not as I expected (to have the list information the as it was in the time of saving the DB and creating the backup copy) as "Everything" started recalculating and some file properties data was lost for some files when I connect a drive which was already completed (I am concentrating on MD5 property) although I used exactly the same environment for testing purpose and no changes were made on that external drive because I am using the same machine always.

Anyhow it is not a big deal that I rarely use this procedure of saving/ calculating so I can rely on EFU file for now.

Thank you for asking.

Best Regards