Fast Scroll with Alt

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Fast Scroll with Alt

Post by meteorquake »

There's a nice feature on SumatraPDF where Alt-Mousewheel scrolls much faster than a normal Mousewheel scroll
Is that doable with Everything? to be applied to any scrollable thing, but slower than a page scroll such as clicking the scrollbar does; I would anticipate the Folder bar and Results/File lists would be the main ones. The mousewheel specifically avoids a change of focus, so you could have a file highlighted, use Alt-Mousewheel to get to a destination folder more quickly, then drag the file in.
David
meteorquake

Re: Fast Scroll with Alt

Post by meteorquake »

I should add to that that the mousewheel also particularly avoids the problem with clicking the scrollbar where in repeat clicking you miss and so change your selection.
And unlike dragging the scroll button it moves by a fixed, predictable amount, the button may take you too fast.
David
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

See also scrollspeed
void
Developer

Post by void »

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> alt_mouse_wheel_action

Please try the scroll page action.

Does this scroll too much?
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Trying that, it scrolls the Results irrespective of what the mousewheel is over, whereas I was looking for it to scroll whatever the mousewheel would scroll. So when the mouse is over the Folder Bar, the folders would scroll. I'm not sure if that means adjusting the current action or adding new ones. It may be a setting alt_mouse_wheel_action_scroll_what would solve that if some people like it to scroll Results wherever the mouse is, people could set it to Any, Results, Filters, Preview etc, rather than having amounts and actions mixed together, or a new setting named to provide the scroll amount element - alt_mouse_wheel_action_scroll_amount

For the actual amount there may be a benefit in having some extra scroll gradations - third, half, three-quarters and two pages.

David
void
Developer

Post by void »

I will consider a alt_mouse_wheel_action_scroll_amount setting.

Thank you for the suggestion.