Directory Opus v13.0.36 BETA ➡ Comments aren't detected by Everything v1357a

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
SuperDude

Directory Opus v13.0.36 BETA ➡ Comments aren't detected by Everything v1357a

Post by SuperDude »

When I create a new comment under Directory Opus v13 for a file type Everything normally indexes, Everything 1357 no longer detects the comment (the comment doesn't appear under my Comment column header.

I'm thinking this is a problem on Directory Opus' end, as Directory Opus v13 seems to have deleted all of my existing comments metadata when I installed the v13.0.36 BETA (I guess that's why it's a BETA :lol:)

The comments still exist in my Everything-1.5a.db file, so I'm keeping a copy of it until I get this figured out. I don't know if there's a way to export the comments from the Everything-1.5a.db file, then have Directory Opus import them. Recreating the comments from scratch will not be much fun :x

I will be posting this to the Directory Opus Support forum as well. Some new features of the v13 BETA is the limited integration of Everything into how Directory Opus calculates folder sizes, plus a couple of other things.
SuperDude

Re: Directory Opus v13.0.36 BETA ➡ Comments aren't detected by Everything v1357a

Post by SuperDude »

@therube: Thanks for the pointer.