EDT vs. EST

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
anmac1789

EDT vs. EST

Post by anmac1789 »

Hello everyone I need someone’s suggestion when it comes to pictures and videos during Daylight savings time. So i live in EDT currently (Eastern North American Daylight time). My pictures date modified are 1 hour forwarded from the date taken and 1 hour forwarded from media created for videos. I want my puctures and videos to not be forwarded and reversed when going from EDT TO EST during winter months. Pictures and videos taken during the winter time are not affected by the 1 hour offset. I have verified this by toggling on/off the auto DST setting in win 10. Is there a way to keep the dates consistent all throughout the year ?
void
Developer

Re: EDT vs. EST

Post by void »

My understanding is Date Taken is stored as local time without the timezone.

You'll probably need to adjust the date/time on your camera to match the desired timezone.
or find a tool that lets you adjust the date taken.
anmac1789

Post by anmac1789 »

I just imported a picture from my galaxy s8 to pc that i took in september this year and the date modified wasnt forwarded by 1 hour as its expected to. the date modified is equal to the date taken. But, for other pictures such as on my pc which was copied to the phone then reimported to pc, the date mod timestamp was forwarded by 1 hr. Wtf is this ????
therube

Post by therube »

Might the format of your storage media be making a difference?
Like if exFAT vs NTFS?

FAT32 and exFAT, which file timestamps are supported?
anmac1789

Post by anmac1789 »

therube wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:09 pm Might the format of your storage media be making a difference?
Like if exFAT vs NTFS?

FAT32 and exFAT, which file timestamps are supported?
I don't think so as I'm using NTFS win 10 and my android is ext4 is it not ?
therube

Post by therube »