Include 'Group by'

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Ntoup

Include 'Group by'

Post by Ntoup »

Is it possible to add the feature that also exists in Windows where you can Group the results? This would help to more easily search per filetype.
void
Developer

Re: Include 'Group by'

Post by void »

I will look into adding an option to 'group' results.

Thank you for the suggestion.
hamid56

Post by hamid56 »

Dear Ntoup
for now you can easily add extension column and sort by extension.
Ntoup

Post by Ntoup »

Thanks, I know of sorting by extension. The issue is that if there is a very large number of files, it will take a lot of scrolling to get to the next filetype, whereas the collapsible headers of the Group by sections are very for this.
andymbody

Post by andymbody »

:!: Ditto to this request! :)

I'm currently trying to write an interface that can export ET results and display this grouping based on a query string. But I'm struggling with the design and details. If this could be done within ET, that would be amazing! Thanks for considering it!

I just discovered dupe_line_color and dupe_group_colors. These are very helpful too. Thanks!

Andy
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Something I've hoped for for some time on those lines, but a slightly more general form of it, which is transitions. You have an equation on the view, so that when the equation gives a different value from one result line to the next you create a transition effect between them, something of a simple nature such as a coloured gap between, new line, dividing line, change of background, heading etc.
The "Group By" idea would be a restricted case of a transition.
David