Is SAS-3 drive defragmentation ~100% faster than on SATA III if they have same specs and data?

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Is SAS-3 drive defragmentation ~100% faster than on SATA III if they have same specs and data?

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

More than one manufacturer makes now huge 7200 RPM HDDs with [almost exactly] the same specs within a given line of drives - but one storage device with SATA III [6 Gbit/s] interface and its counterpart with SAS-3 [12 Gbit/s]

Assuming they both hold the very same data arranged in the sane places and also perfectly operating conditions are achieved, will SAS-3 HDD do a job of defragmenting quicker than SATA III drive made by the same manufacturer?
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Re: Is SAS-3 drive defragmentation ~100% faster than on SATA III if they have same specs and data?

Can anyone shed some light on this?
therube

Re: Is SAS-3 drive defragmentation ~100% faster than on SATA III if they have same specs and data?

Post by therube »

job of defragmenting
When you say "defragmenting", you do mean, defragmenting?
And if so, why the concern (particularly) over defragmenting?

(I would suspect, that mostly, these days [& with exceptions], files are generally defragmented [or very low fragmented]. And then your OS, most likely, does some defragmentation, automatically, periodically.)
Thy Grand Voidinesss

I need to make a process of load-up of huge sets of files to various programs quicker. And also to be able to make it quicker to find something without usage of Everything

And I have turned off automatic defragmentation long time ago, as far as when I was using Windows XP if not 98, so that it would not slow my work whenever it decides to do defragment
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Can anybody add anything to this topic?
void
Developer

Post by void »

It will come down to the hard drive read and write speeds.

The interface will have little impact on performance.

Please avoid completely filling your drive if possible.
A drive should never be fragmented if it is never filled.