PropertySystemView

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
jimspoon

PropertySystemView

Post by jimspoon »

I've just been doing a little experimenting with PropertySystemView ( https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/windows_p ... _view.html ). I think Everything users might find it very interesting, it might be a nice companion app for Everything. I dragged a plain TXT file from Everything to PSV and PSV shows a list of 60 Windows Properties for that TXT file. When I dragged a PDF file to PSV, PSV showed a list of 77 properties. For each property there are 11 columns - Canonical Name, Display Name, Formatted Value, Raw Value, Read Only (Yes/No), Viewable, Property Type, Multiple Values, Property Key (this is a GUID type value), Enum List (not sure what this is but it can have multiple comma separated values), and Index (each listed value has an integer index value, starting with 0 and going up to the number of Properties minus 1). You can display each Property's column values in a vertical format by pressing Alt+Enter. Property Values can be edited in PSV unless they are Read Only. Can you change a property value for multiple items in one operation? I don't know yet.