Set Run Count ... as Windows Explorer Shell extension

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
runmode

Set Run Count ... as Windows Explorer Shell extension

Post by runmode »

Set Run Count ... from the context menu within search results is a very convenient way to teach Everything what I want to priorize.
I miss the same functionality in Windows Explorer, and I would use it quite a lot more often than from within Everything.
This could be achieved by another context menu item right below "Search with Everything".
Both shell extensions should be made on choice from the advanced options, because some might feel the context menu is crowded.
void
Developer

Re: Set Run Count ... as Windows Explorer Shell extension

Post by void »

I will consider a context menu shell extension to set the Everything run count from Windows Explorer.

Thank you for the suggestion.
HungerFreeze

Re: Set Run Count ... as Windows Explorer Shell extension

Post by HungerFreeze »

I agree with the OP that being able to set the run count at the Window-Explorer level would be very helpful. I actually use the run count as the search criterion to list my search results.

I think it would be even more useful if there was a way to set the run count whenever I save or download a document. Right now, I rely on a rather tedious method to set the run count so I can quickly find that file later. Whenever I search for a file, Everything will come back with hundreds of results. I will then spend about a painful few minutes, scrolling for the document I need. Once I find it, I will then set the run count for that item so I can find that document faster next time.

It would be great if I could somehow set the run count when I initially save a newly-created document or download an important document from the web. Admittedly, as a programmer, I can see that there wouldn't be an easy way to do this. I just wanted to let you know that it would be an extremely useful tool. :D