Manual UNinstall

General discussion related to "Everything".
ChrisGreaves

Manual UNinstall

Post by ChrisGreaves »

@VOID: Please see also Manual Install
In "command-line options" I see:-

Code: Select all

-uninstall [path]
Uninstall "Everything" from the specified path.
The path of Everything64.exe is used if the path is not specified.
-uninstall-user
Remove "Everything" user files.
Using phpBB's deficient search mechanism I have been unable to find a topic or post which triggered this feature or enhancement.
Might you provide a link for the reason for this feature?
I'd be especially interested in the specific (groups of) files which, I assume, will be deleted or restored to default values when I use this option.

In the wiki there is a list of "Files created by Everything" but no mention of this being the definition of "Everything" user files

I am not yet advanced enough in Everything to devise a cunning set of filters to identify files that have been deleted at the start and end of some period. :?

Thanks, Chris
horst.epp

Re: Manual UNinstall

Post by horst.epp »

User files are all files which are written while running or using Everything with a user account.
None of this files can be unter program files as this location is not writeable by default.
Also none of this files are delivered by downloading and installing a portable version.

According to the help this is the list of user files under %APPDATA%\Everything
or in a portable installation dir

Everything.ini
Bookmarks.csv
Filters.csv
Search History.csv
Run History.csv
Everything.ini.tmp
Errorlog.txt
Bookmarks.csv.tmp
Filters.csv.tmp
Search History.csv.tmp
Run History.csv.tmp
Logs\HTTP_Server_Log.txt
Logs\ETP_Server_Log.txt
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

horst.epp wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:40 pm According to the help this is the list of user files under %APPDATA%\Everything
or in a portable installation dir
Horst, did you get this list from the link I provided in my first post, or did you find this list somewhere else? And if you have found an alternate list, please post a link to where you found that alternate list.
Thanks, Chris
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please use the Add/Remove program feature in Windows to uninstall Everything.

-uninstall and -uninstall-user might be useful to remove the portable version of Everything.

Generally, the portable version will store settings and data in the same location as Everything.
Deleting all the files in the same location as your Everything.exe should be sufficient for removing Everything.

If you install the Everything Service or enable "Store settings and data in %APPDATA%\Everything" in the portable version then calling -uninstall / -uninstall-user will make it easier to remove Everything.

Typically, all files under %APPDATA%\Everything and %LOCALAPPDATA% are user files.
Typically, files stored in the same location as Everything.exe are not user files. (these include Everything.exe, Everything.lng, Uninstall.exe, etc...)

Users files can be stored in the same location as your Everything.exe if Tools -> Options -> General -> "Store settings and data in %APPDATA%\Everything" is unchecked.

The list here shows all user files.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

void wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:15 am Please use the Add/Remove program feature in Windows to uninstall Everything.
All duly noted. Thank you Void.
Chris