[RFE] Add option to show icons in cells of all columns related to files or folders in detail view

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Claudio Salvio

[RFE] Add option to show icons in cells of all columns related to files or folders in detail view

Post by Claudio Salvio »

Hi everyone,

According to my current knowledge, in the detail view the Name column is the only one that shows the icon corresponding to the file or folder in the cells.

I think it would be very useful if you could enable the display of icons in the cells of all the columns related to files or folders in the detail view.

If this functionality is enabled, I think the implementation could be done through a new configuration property (something like icons_display_columns) containing a list of the columns where the icons would be displayed, or by adding an additional property for each column (for example: path_column_icon_display, display_name_column_icon_display, etc.).
I would prefer this last option but I consider that either of the two alternatives would be reasonable.

In this way, each user could activate the display of icons in the columns that they consider appropriate. This could range from none to all columns of this type.

A (non-exhaustive) list of possible columns would be:
  • Path
  • Display Name
  • Full Path
  • Parent Name
  • Parent Path
  • Parse Name
  • Target Target
  • Short Name
Please let me know if I am missing any such column.

Kind regards,
Claudio Salvio

P.D.: @void Thank you for the best Windows search tool !

I 💙 Everything, if you love it too, please donate if you can.
It is good to recognize the work of those who generate such useful products as Everything and give us so much freedom to use it and to give our thanks.
void
Developer

Re: [RFE] Add option to show icons in cells of all columns related to files or folders in detail view

Post by void »

I will consider options to show the icon in other columns.

Thank you for your suggestion and support.