Button for turning on and off inclusion of folders on the list in main window

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Button for turning on and off inclusion of folders on the list in main window

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

I would like to propose adding a simple button that would immediaely turn on and off inclusion of folders on the list in main window

And also a second button that would switch the sort method from keeping files and folders separate and sorting them all-together
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
NotNull

Re: Button for turning on and off inclusion of folders on the list in main window

Post by NotNull »

Thy Grand Voidinesss wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:17 pm I would like to propose adding a simple button that would
Would what? Don't leave us hanging here! :D

Thy Grand Voidinesss wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:17 pm And also a second button that would switch the sort method from keeping files and folders separate and sorting them all-together
Without a button (currently there are no buttons at all in the main window):
Create a bookmark with Search =
/sort_mix=!
and name it something like Toggle mixed sort.
void
Developer

Re: Button for turning on and off inclusion of folders on the list in main window

Post by void »

I will consider a toolbar button to toggle folders/files.
Thank you for the suggestion.

For now, please consider creating a filter and using a shortcut key to toggle folders:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Change the Name to: Files only
  • Change the Search to: file:
  • Change the Keyboard Shortcut to: Ctrl + \
  • Click OK.
  • Now you can press Ctrl + \ to quickly toggle files only / files + folders.

Hint: Pressing \ in the result list will jump between files/folders.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

void wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:23 am [...]
For now, please consider creating a filter and using a shortcut key to toggle folders
[...]
I could also write an accompanying AHK script for it, so that I could use some mouse button for when my hand is not on a keyboard

But then again: how many various shortcuts and / or workarounds can one user handle; plus there are a finite number of mouse buttons and convenient combinations of them which can be effectively used

Thus I will celebrate I day when [especially definable] buttons will be implemented in Everything
Thy Grand Voidinesss

A related button-like idea for quick applying of filtering expressions: viewtopic.php?t=13762