Folder Tree colouring/styling

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Folder Tree colouring/styling

Post by meteorquake »

I wonder if there's any way to auto-colour/style or auto-icon items in the folder tree, using a custom formula applied to folder roots of interest?
Ones I'd find useful are folders showing grey when empty, red or bold when larger or smaller than a certain content size, or otherwise being coloured by folder depth or some special signal provided by the folder name. The existing ability to colour lines in the results list using a basic formula has been incredibly helpful for me - videos are shown blue so I don't accidentally delete them from their thumbnail thinking they're a lousy picture, and time transitions show as red (detecting word START in the filename placed by a vbs script that spots transitions).
Perhaps other people might want to auto-colour according to whether e.g. they contain spreadsheets or pictures.
In these scenarios it could also update the colour/format of a specific folder entry when they are found to change (although I don't think absolute perfection in live reformatting is required since generally a user will know what changes they are making after the initial formatting).
David
void
Developer

Re: Folder Tree colouring/styling

Post by void »

I will add really basic support to customize the folder icons in the folder sidebar with custom user values for properties.

I will consider customizing the text color too.

Thank you for the suggestion.