Drag-Move leaves cursor in undesirable place :)

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Drag-Move leaves cursor in undesirable place :)

Post by meteorquake »

A very frequent problem I encounter...
If I have a block of files highlighted in a results list and I drag them into another folder, they disappear from the results and I'd then expect the new position to be either on the item that had been immediately before the block or the one immediately after, but in fact is offset down from that by the size of the block (cursor keeps its position and all items move up, so to speak). This is especially problematic in large thumbnail view (as a vertical strip) with preview pane when sorting out photos since after moving out a block of say 30 items you then have to hunt around for the position you'd got to, about 30 large thumbnails up = 15 screenfuls up.
Obviously when there's a disparate scattered selection not forming a single block you'd maybe need some reflection, but for a simple block of items I'd think it should be clear-cut. Probably in all cases the resolution could be achieved by the new list position becoming the unselected item immediately prior or after the last item clicked (excluding where you clicked to drag) - I've worded it that way because you could make a block with a number of individual clicks with the last click being in the middle of a selection.
Cheers! David
void
Developer

Re: Drag-Move leaves cursor in undesirable place :)

Post by void »

I'm looking into making the focus restore to a more suitable position after focused item is removed.

Thank you for the suggestion.
void
Developer

Re: Drag-Move leaves cursor in undesirable place :)

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1340a improves the focus position after files/folders are removed from the results.