Everything does not save folder list to index

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
ccim

Everything does not save folder list to index

Post by ccim »

Hello,

First of all, thanks SO MUCH for Everything, a productivity tool I use daily with much success. 🙏

I hope you can help me out with one thing that I haven't been able to figure out.

I go to Tools->Options->Indexes->Folders and add a list of folders to start indexing. Everything does the scanning and everything works great to search through these folders.

BUT upon machine shutdown the list of folders disappears... Any search obviosuly does not show files from those folders.

This list can contain "normal" local drives, a Google Drive (also stored locally) or a folder on a NAS on the local network.

Can you please advise on how to proceed?

As a work-around, is there a command-line option e.g. to save/restore the folder list?

Thank you so much in advance!
/Claudia
horst.epp

Re: Everything does not save folder list to index

Post by horst.epp »

I guess the ini file is not writeable.
Under General set
x Store settings and data in %APPDATA%\Everything
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback ccim,

Please try enabling "Store settings and data in %APPDATA%\Everything" as horst.epp suggests.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
darktubu

Post by darktubu »

hi, Regarding the problem of Google Cloud Drive, I have tried many methods before, including the official solutions, but none of them have any practical effect in the end.
Until the end, I found that the problem is that the "sharing folder" will be a temporary path "x:\.shortcut-targets-by-id\ ", in this temporary path, only when you start the computer every time , "execute once" the folder, and then it can be searched by EVERYTHING. After understanding this rule, I set up WINDOWS to automatically start the "sharing folder" every time I boot (how to achieve this function, there are many teachings on the Internet, this side will not explain), so that you can use EVERYTHING to successfully search for Google's "sharing folder".
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for sharing darktubu,

More information here:
Support for Google Drive Shortcuts