Search - Image properties

General discussion related to "Everything".
ajaxStardust

Search - Image properties

Post by ajaxStardust »

I can't believe how long I lived without the advantage of Everything. It really is just so nice to have. You've done a fantastic job with it!

I realize there's an exhaustive list here about search options. I didn't want to post to that thread to muddle it.

I use Everything for so many different purposes, not the least of which is locating images. I wonder if there is, or if you could include, an option to query images based on width/ height. I did search this forum, and surprised I didn't find that topic in a discussion (not that it doesn't exist).

Best regards!

E.g.
width:>1020
height: <=800

something of that nature. I think the default Windows Search feat allows for that (some variation at least). It's been so long since I've used it!
I think you can with Powershell. haha. who wants to do that! i'm old and lazy! Everything is awesome and cool! :D
:D
ChrisGreaves

Re: Search - Image properties

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ajaxStardust wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:21 pm.. an option to query images based on width/ height.
Does this give you something to look for:

Look under the heading "Functions" in https://www.voidtools.com/support/everything/searching/

Code: Select all

dimension:<width>x<height>	Find images with the specified width and height.
Cheers, Chris
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5 has improved support for searching image properties such as width and height.

The following searches should work as expected:
width:>1020
height:<=800

width:
height:
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

void wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:57 am Everything 1.5 has improved support for searching image properties such as width and height.
Is the function Dimension being phased out?
Thanks, Chris
void
Developer

Post by void »

No.

dimensions: is still supported.

It's easier to specify ranges with width: and height:
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

void wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:47 am No. ... It's easier to specify ranges with width: and height:
Got it! Thanks,