Drag from Everything tree to Everything via task button erratic in its task popping up

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
meteorquake

Drag from Everything tree to Everything via task button erratic in its task popping up

Post by meteorquake »

With two Everything windows open, if I want to drag a folder of images from one from the folder tree into a folder on the other's folder tree, I'll drag over the Everything window's task button, it pops up, and I drop it in.
Except it's very erratic, quite often instead of popping up the dragged-out-of window dims but the dragged-in window doesn't popup. Equally, a substantial amount of the time it does.
When it doesn't pop up I may have to try several times. I've not encountered this when popping-up-and-dropping into Explorer, and I've quickly tried a few other apps and they pop up. That could be luck or not, I'll keep an eye out.
The folders are generally full of images with thumbs showing, sometimes also the previewer would expect to be.
Version 1.5.0.1331a (x64)
Cheers, David
void
Developer

Re: Drag from Everything tree to Everything via task button erratic in its task popping up

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report meteorquake,

Seems to be an issue when both windows share the same process.
The window doesn't popup if it was minimized.

I am looking into the issue.
void
Developer

Re: Drag from Everything tree to Everything via task button erratic in its task popping up

Post by void »

This issue will be fixed in the next alpha update.

Issue:
Dragging over the other Everything taskbar button would fail and the system would beep.

Cause:
SHDoDragDrop was preventing messages from being dispatched to the other window when being restored.

Solution for the next alpha update:
Everything will now restore the other window when activated and process the window message queue manually..