Feature Request: Double click on path column: allow user defined macro to

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
jacbian

Feature Request: Double click on path column: allow user defined macro to

Post by jacbian »

For a row with a very deep path (e.g. source unzipped from git etc), I want that when I click on a pos of the path under the Path column, the behaviour likes that of the windows explorer's crumb-bar control.

I know there is an option that allow a double click on the Path column to open the path directly. But it is not configurable, and I want more.
I want to jump to a pos in the path dependent on the clicked position. This could save a lot of time.

Preferrablely, please provide places to configure command and parameters (%1 for the whole path, and %2 the clicked directory) for the function. Many thanks!

With 1%, and 2%, we can use some keystroke (e.g. Ctrl, Shift) to get different behaviour. Say, use Autohotkey to detect the pressed keystroke and apply if-then rules.
Last edited by jacbian on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: Feature Request: Double click on path column: allow user defined macro to

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback jacbian,

I will consider an option to open the 'clicked on' path part in Windows Explorer.
I will also consider %2 to reference the 'clicked on' path-part.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Everything 1.5 will have the option to access all parents from the context menu.
Right click a file/folder in Everything 1.5 and under the Parent folder (shown as the parent folder filename with a folder icon), select your parent folder and click Open.