Suggestions and errors very important

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Joyt

Suggestions and errors very important

Post by Joyt »

[img]
  1. PREVIEW PANE:
    Please help use preview pane (i find registry code for only mp4/avi preview for "everything" only but can't add another and very important for preview documents (Save time searching for jobs and finding data quickly
    To apply for jobs quickly and find a job quickly
    like you ;) )
    • 1.1. how embedded multi tolls view in everything like registryfinder or qqplayer view side or down
    • 1.2. HOW ADD LIBRARY LIKE MOVIE.DLL (DOUPS) LIBRARY OR any LIBRARY (plugin).
    • 1.3. Seach box (in preview pane) TEXT LIKE ANYTXT

• 2. Columns:
    • 2.1. Monitor Columns: sometimes can't find any columns i need (for some days i choose all columns to find what I need ) so
    • 2.2. Can add search in all columns by write function (like searchallcolumnes:| or searchallcolumnesvideo....any) .... And see only the column with matching results
    • 2.3. Cannot close right click menu column Until I finish selecting the items I want (It close after 1 choose (add or remove))
    • 2.4. Can chose multi columns in same time by ctrl+click (like copy full(path+size+...) and copies to clipboard or excel or csv
    • 2.5. Can add Columns to search box with "|" or "!" in ( or any i chick)((like dm) <> by right click (like(copy size -- add with | to search box)
      • 2.5.1. Can DRAG and DROP to search box (path ... size ... any ) when selected this columens.
      2.6 How add new columns any i need like(target...start in)(this in properties)
  • 3. Add taps with like ctrl+shift+n
    • 3.1 can rename taps
    • 3.2 CAN ADD ANY ACTION NEED TO CUSTOMIZE IN TOOLBAR LIKE JOURNAL INDEX TO BAR
  • 4. Monitoring file index journal :
    • 4.1 add | <> add multi path and name with index journal and open multi index journal monitor.
    • 4.2. Add search in registry this will be very important . pleaseeeeeeeeeee monitor in registery " all registry".
    • 4.3. Can add all this searching or monitor to a specific bookmark folder like "monitor program change" in part of bookmark folder .
    • 4.4MONITOR PROGRAMS (run /install) :

CAN ADD MONITOR PROGRAMS FILE AFTER OPEN THIS FILE (like right click and chose open and monitor after open) AND SHOW ALL FILES FROM THIS "TIME" TO END PROGRAM INSTALL (make hotkey to stop or any) (WITH NAMES DLETED AND RENAME AND CHANGE SIZE .....ALL )
  • 5. Add (edit/add) tags any files .
  • 6. fast compleate (add search function fast like codes software )(without open search chose insert function ...) like write insfunctions:... or search like bookmark:
  • 7. ctrl+z 1 undo only ?!
  • 8. CAN ADD search BAR (anytxt) to everything?
  • Everything can delete all in $recycle.bin\ from old to new update but everything A from old to now not delete all
Attachments
Everything can delete all in $recycle.bin\  from old to new update  but   everything A   from old to now  not delete all
Everything can delete all in $recycle.bin\ from old to new update but everything A from old to now not delete all
$recycle.bin_ !Everything (1.5a) 1.5.0.1319a (x64) .png (46.69 KiB) Viewed 2811 times
Last edited by NotNull on Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the Suggestions forum
NotNull

Re: Suggestions and errors very important

Post by NotNull »

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm PREVIEW PANE:
Please help use preview pane (i find registry code for only mp4/avi preview for "everything" only but can't add another and very important for preview documents
When you are running Everything as a regular user, you will see the same previews in Everything as in Explorer.
Are you running Everything as administrator? Enable the Everything Service and disable 'Run as administrator'. Both an be found under Menu:Tools > Options > General.

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm 2.3. Cannot close right click menu column Until I finish selecting the items I want (It close after 1 choose (add or remove))
Press 'ESCAPE' (might need multiple presses) or click in the main Everything window.

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm Add taps with like ctrl+shift+n
A tabbed interface is on the to-do list

Monitoring file index journal
There are several specialized tools out there that can do this for you.

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm 5. Add (edit/add) tags any files .
This is on the to-do list too. The "engine" is already implemented; a front-end has yet to be developed.
See this link and several forum threads about this subject.

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm 7. ctrl+z 1 undo only ?!
Undoing of what?
Are you talking about the search bar? Try 'ALT + LEFT' instead to open the previous search ('ALT + RIGHT' for the nextr one)

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm Everything can delete all in $recycle.bin\ from old to new update but everything A from old to now not delete all
I do not understand this. What do you mean?
The recycle bin is a special (shell) folder. The items you see in Everything differ from what you see in Explorer. There is a (Windows) database that translates the low-level names you see in Everything to the info you see in Explorer.
Joyt

Post by Joyt »

PREVIEW PANE: always run administrator
and this registry for everything (only) in explorer not run this (mp4)
(Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4]
@="WMP11.AssocFile.MP4"
"Content Type"="video/mp4"
"PerceivedType"="video"
"DaumLive64Backup.bak"="WMP11.AssocFile.MP4"
"QQPlayer_Back"="qqplayer.mp4"
"KLCP.bak"="qqplayer.mp4"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4\OpenWithProgIds]
"QQPlayer.mp4"=hex(0):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4\PersistentHandler]
@="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4\ShellEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11D1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@="{9DBD2C50-62AD-11D0-B806-00C04FD706EC}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp4\ShellEx\{e357fccd-a995-4576-b01f-234630154e96}]
@="{9DBD2C50-62AD-11D0-B806-00C04FD706EC}")

Each program can open previewpane its own and this means that everything can do that

Or at least you guided me to make the explorer previewpane work well at least in the text files because it does not work for me and I tried all the ways and even modified in the registry

SORRY FOR 2.3 I want the menu not to close until I have finished making changes

Tabs like browser , and I not find to-do list

Monitoring file index journal : Your software has this tool, but you can improve it.

ctrl+z / ctrl+y 1 only ?! in find bar .

Everything.exe normal can delete all in $recycle.bin\ from old to new update
but "Everything 1.5 Alpha" from old to 1.5.0.1319 not delete all in $recycle.bin
Attachments
Everything_oZ2khLH6ak.png
Everything_oZ2khLH6ak.png (630.76 KiB) Viewed 2777 times
Joyt

Post by Joyt »

Add "|" "<>" to index journal
Can open multi index journal
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback Joyt,

2. Columns:
Please try showing the preview column in the Add columns dialog.
This preview column will show the values for the currently selected file in your results.

This might help give an idea of what columns to use and the values they show.

4. Monitoring file index journal :
I will consider |, < and > operator support.

Everything can delete all in $recycle.bin\ from old to new update but everything A from old to now not delete all
I have put this on my Things to fix list.

For now, please try forcing a rebuild:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Indexes tab on the left.
  • Click Force Rebuild.
  • Click OK.
Older versions would silently fail if the file did not exist.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Joyt

Post by Joyt »

In first i am very thanks for replying .
Your program is of great importance in my life because:
I found out a while ago that I have ADHD and another disease that is taking away my memory
I often had many duplicate programs (with the belief that I did not own these programs, so I searched for them and downloaded them for a second or tenth..) Why because just by searching in files I get distracted and go from file to file and so on, as if it were a whirlwind and I forgot what I wanted and lost time.
and now I can quickly and easily access the files, and this is thanks to your program. so so thank you.

And now that I have lost my most important goals (because of my memory) I am looking for a job and I have to search in many texts to find data, which makes me open each program individually and get lost inside it and forget the real goal..

So what do you think if you watch what's inside the file without opening it now it saves a lot of time

......................................................................................................................................................

1- In preview pane my explorer is an error due to the modification in the registry and everything is correct, and it not the wrong one .
This means that the preview pane in everything can be controlled only . nothing to do with the explorer here (though I hope to fix the explorer)

like (Other paid programs(xyplorer / dopus)) but if you dont like to do at least tell us how to do it through the registry
and I prove to you how it is possible and you could not for the texts. ( The image is not a mistake in your program, but proves that the explorer can differ between one program and another)
Joyt

Post by Joyt »

this preview pane explorer / everything / doups

you can do like doups
Attachments
explorer
explorer
explorer_nks6eAmUHc.png (29.63 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
Everything
Everything
Everything64_kAedhQ3KlL.png (13.43 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
dopus
dopus
dopus_Ru7fpijYmx.png (38.4 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Everything will only show a preview for docx files if Windows explorer shows them.
So it will work if you have an MS Office installalation for example.
There are many good free previewers for docx files
for usage in Total Commander or other file managers
but none of them provides a system level preview which can be used in Everything.
It would be a nice Everything enhancement if it would allow to use Total Commander plugins.
One nice fast indexing tool, HDDB, does this and can preview almost any format this way.
HDDB is no longer maintained but still working in actual Windows 11.
Joyt

Post by Joyt »

Iam realy understand you , at least I don't want you to invent a new way for preview , just help us find or correct a registry for previewpane
like " https://winaero.com/details-pane-contex ... indows-10/"
I have the latest version of office but there is definitely a mistake that I don't know about.

Also, I do not understand programming (and information is not as much as your information for sure) (because there is a program to view videos), but I was able to find a special path to display videos only for everything

So it makes sense (since there is a Microsoft office program) there is a way to display even just everything
But I don't know it, and I searched a lot about it, and I hope you discover it

What would you think if I asked you to do this "SEARCH TEXT IN PREVIEWPANE"

horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

Joyt wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:19 am ...
What would you think if I asked you to do this "SEARCH TEXT IN PREVIEWPANE"
Most Explorer preview handlers ar not supporting search or copy text from it.
My file manager (Total Commander) has preview plugins for any format.
This plugins support copy and some have a search option.
But as said Everything can only provide what the Preview handlers support.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Joyt wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:39 pm PREVIEW PANE: always run administrator
Don't. Run Everything as a regular user to prevent preview- and other issues:
  • Enable Everything Service
  • Disable Run as administrator
    Both settings can be found under Menu:Tools > Options > General
  • Restart Everything (right-click the Everything icon in the systemtray and select Exit)
  • As you are using version 1.5: Check if the text "Administrator" is now gone in the Everything title bar

BTW: your regkeys don't show any preview handler to be configured.
Check HKLM\Software\classes\WMP11.AssocFile.MP4\shellex\
There should be a key starting with {889
Below that is the configured preview handler GUID.
Configuration of said preview handler can be found under HKCR\CLSID\{preview handler GUID}