Run Count

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Stamimail

Run Count

Post by Stamimail »

1. "Set Run Count..." causes changes in the column "Date Run". I'm not sure the user wants to change the run date history when setting the Run Count.
2. Search History and Run History are in the same tab (History) in Options. I think it is expected to find Run History in under History menu (instead of under Tools menu).
3. In Run History dialog (Ctrl+J) you can't "Set Run Count..."
4. After pressing Enter in searchbar, still missing a way how to jump to the next RunCount (Name Ascending).
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11207
void
Developer

Re: Run Count

Post by void »

1. "Set Run Count..." causes changes in the column "Date Run". I'm not sure the user wants to change the run date history when setting the Run Count.
I will consider an option to not update the date run when setting the run count.

For now, Everything will update the date run when setting the run count.

2. Search History and Run History are in the same tab (History) in Options. I think it is expected to find Run History in under History menu (instead of under Tools menu).
Everything currently treats Run history like a web browse treats "downloads".

I will consider moving run history to the History menu.

3. In Run History dialog (Ctrl+J) you can't "Set Run Count..."
I'll put this on my TODO list.

4. After pressing Enter in searchbar, still missing a way how to jump to the next RunCount (Name Ascending).
I have put: next/prev run count item command on my TODO list.

Thank you for the suggestions.
Stamimail

Re: Run Count

Post by Stamimail »

I will consider an option to not update the date run when setting the run count.

For now, Everything will update the date run when setting the run count.
Think for example, if someone wants to go through all the run events that were last week. This run event will be missed.
I'll put a next/prev run count item command on my TODO list.
On second thought, when someone presses Enter on the search bar, what does he want? he wants the highest run count result/s. What's the point to leave it sorted by Name Ascending?!
That brings me back to the discussion about Search + Enter.
But I have a new idea: Run Count (and Favorites) at the top of the Result List