Everything in Parallels on M1 Mac

General discussion related to "Everything".
rmw

Everything in Parallels on M1 Mac

Post by rmw »

There have been several threads reporting success with running Everything in Parallels on an Intel Mac.

I was pleasantly surprised to see on the downloads page that there is a build for ARM. This suggests that it might be possible to use Everything in a Parallels VM running Windows for ARM on an M1 Mac.

Q for the group: has anyone tried this?

That would a fantastic development, because as a quick Google search will confirm, there is no comparable equivalent to Everything on the Mac platform; only a handful of services which kinda-sorta do similar things, in a manner which is incomplete, more cumbersome, or much much slower.
void
Developer

Re: Everything in Parallels on M1 Mac

Post by void »

rmw, do you have a M1 mac running Parallels?

I would be happy to assist with getting Everything going on Windows ARM.

If anyone can test, please post any issues here or send me an anonymous message.
rmw

Post by rmw »

I don't have one yet. Am looking to buy one soon for work, and suddenly got excited about the idea that migrating didn't necessarily mean giving up my beloved Everything.

If nobody else has tried, I'll get back in touch once I have the new machine & have installed Win ARM in parallels.

Thanks!
vitaligent

Post by vitaligent »

It's working quite well, but there is no good way to index the automatic Parallels mounts.
slevitus

Post by slevitus »

I'm running latest Everything 1.5 on my MacBook Pro M1 with Windows Parallel Desktop 18 for Mac. (Version 18.32) Have not noticed an issues but I don't care for the way it assigns its own/different drive letters though I think that can be changed.