Drive "Include in Results" option?

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Drive "Include in Results" option?

Post by meteorquake »

Under Tools - Options - Indexes you can select a drive and include it in the database or not.
I would suggest there may be a use for having a further option "Include in results" - this would be useful for drives you want to have indexed but only occasionally want to utilise a search for, for example a backup or network drive. By not including in the results the entries would still be fully stored but inactive, and could even be stored in an archive until reactivated if that would help performance.
Currently Exclude Folders could be used but this would be aesthetically far more elegant and my impression is that changing Exclude Folders for the drive would require a rescan which we want to avoid here.
David
raccoon

Re: Drive "Include in Results" option?

Post by raccoon »

A feature called Temporary Excludes has already been added to Everything 1.5 Alpha. See if this looks like what you're hoping for.
meteorquake

Re: Drive "Include in Results" option?

Post by meteorquake »

Thanks I think it would - I forgot that had been mentioned!
I suppose the only advantage what I mentioned might have would be the option to hive off rarely-accessed data for efficiency but from the user point of view they look like they would carry out the same effect.
Cheers :)