CLOSED!!-B: Mapping/Drive Assignment Not Recognized

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
Mrantala

CLOSED!!-B: Mapping/Drive Assignment Not Recognized

Post by Mrantala »

Running Version 1.5.0.1283a (x64)

Hello -

Here is the scenario: Add either a Network Drive or NTFS Drive with the drive assignment of "B:" The app updates the Options -> NTFS or Options -> Network Drives listing appropriately to show the new B: Drive. However, it doesn't appear that it scans and indexes the contents of the drive. Entering B:\ in the search box yields no results. I tried rebuilding the entire index, deleting the index and rebuilding, unchecking "Include in database" applying and the rechecking "Include in database", but nothing I've tried gets the B: drive indexed.

CLOSED - REASON - DAU.
CONFIGURATION ERROR. ENTRY OF "B:\" FOLDER IN THE OPTIONS -> INDEXES -> EXCLUDE SECTION. NO INVESTIGATION/FOLLOW-UP REQUIRED.
Last edited by Mrantala on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: B: Mapping/Drive Assignment Not Recognized

Post by therube »

If you search for
parent:
does it display 'B:' ?

No issues here with a local NTFS B: removable flash drive.
(Initially not indexed, set it to be, & then it was.)

drive assignment of "B:"
Is this a mapped network drive letter, B:, or is it an assigned local drive letter (through Disk Management, SUBST, or similar).
Mrantala

Re: B: Mapping/Drive Assignment Not Recognized

Post by Mrantala »

Hey therube - YES, you are right, the Everything App is running just fine!! There is no issue here. Somehow I had forgotten about Options -> Indexes -> Exclude!!! I had the folder "B:\" listed in there, and the excludes list was enabled ! DUH! LOL. I need to set the status on this one to "Closed - Reason DAU" !! 😕 Regardless, Thank You. I really appreciate you taking the time to test this out and respond back. Have a great weekend !
Regards,
Matt

PS. Neither here nor there, but it just dawned on me why B:\ got put into the exclude list. A couple versions back, I was working on 16TB drive, that was UNIX, and I had to repartition it GPT. Once I did, it auto assigned B: drive and Everything started to go nuts. For some reason it got stuck into a loop of rescanning & then indexing that blank drive, and just repeating that over and over again. Quickest thing I could think of to stop it was to excluded it, which worked. Good news is that the root cause of that looping has since be fixed this latest release. I had the same scenario with a 14TB drive, and Everything handle it just fine.
therube

Re: CLOSED!!-B: Mapping/Drive Assignment Not Recognized

Post by therube »

it got stuck into a loop
Ah, that just reminded me of my Loop...