Win7 UAC bypass

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
harryray2

Win7 UAC bypass

Post by harryray2 »

Can anyone recommend a good (free) programme to bypass the user account control in Windows 7?
I don't want to disable it completely, just for selected programmes.

I've found a few but I would rather go with one that has been recommended.

Thanks.
therube

Re: Win7 UAC bypass

Post by therube »

> I've found a few

Which?
Did they actually work?

From what I saw, most "elevators" (in one way or another like the Nirsoft program), still generated UAC prompts.

I did see some programs out there, where you would set up specific applications - within that program, for which the UAC prompt would be bypassed. But from what I gather, they were not "straight forward" elevators, but instead had some process running that would see the call to the specific program, intercept that & do its trickery then to bypass the UAC prompt. (I've not messed with them.)

Note that UAC (at default settings) on some computers is rather obnoxious, "blanking out" the whole screen, kind of thing.
You can lessen that behavior by changing the UAC setting from 'Default' to 'Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)'.

With that UAC is unchanged, but its' ugly behavior is.
harryray2

Re: Win7 UAC bypass

Post by harryray2 »

Thanks, interesting about the other setting to stop the screen blanking out...That's been a source of some annoyance.
I'll give it a try.

I suppose the setting (dim) is just to catch everything that runs. Presumably the setting to just notify a change is still as secure?

I've also tried looking at programmes that will allow me to run programmes as service.