Files not listed in the results

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
navry

Files not listed in the results

Post by navry »

Hi,

first, the tool is great! Thanks for it.

second, I noticed that Everything stopped showing me files in the search results. At first I thought it was a matter of not finding files on a mapped network drive (smb) because that's what I was looking for, but then I realized that a file I have on my desktop is not showing up in the search results.
The file on the mapped s: drive is 2021.05.16_VOLVO.pdf and the query is *volvo*.pdf.

I also tried copying and pasting the desktop file into the search box and didn't get a result either. File is Downloads.7z and the query filelist:"C:\Users\ds\Desktop\Downloads.7z"

When nothing is typed into the search box it displays (I think) all the objects on the disks and here too it doesn't show basically, no file, just folders.

What could have happened and how to fix it?

I tried rebuilding the indexes (Indexes -> Force Rebuild), but it didn't help. For smb folders (Indexes -> Folders) added e.g. as S:drive I clicked on Update, but nothing helped either.
NotNull

Re: Files not listed in the results

Post by NotNull »

You might have enabled one of the search options under Menu:Search (like Enable Regex).
That can happen when you (accidentally) press one of their keyboard shortcuts, like CTRL+R)

Make sure only Everything is enabled and see if that helps..
therube

Re: Files not listed in the results

Post by therube »

If you search for
2021 volvo .pdf
does it turn up?