Everything & Directory Opus

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Nug

Everything & Directory Opus

Post by Nug »

I've been messing around with Search Everything and DOpus to get 'Everything' to use it as an external file manager and at the moment I'm using hstart (Hidden start).

I had a batch file going and was intending to use hstart so that I wouldn't see the cmd window flash each time. Anyway here's the code/syntax I'm using. Its quite messy...

Code: Select all

open_folder_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\hstart" /NOCONSOLE ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "%1" NEWTAB=findexisting")
For 'Open Path' I'm not sure how to get DOpus to highlight the folder/file selected (like what happens if you use "Explore Path"). So it needs a bit of working.

open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\hstart" /NOCONSOLE ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "$parent(%1)" NEWTAB=findexisting")
I posted this on the Directory Opus forums and it was suggested to use a select command if Everything can give just the name of the file/folder selected (i.e. without the path). Is this possible? Thanks for this great program and your help =).
David
Developer

Re: Everything & Directory Opus

Post by David »

I have added the function namepart(filename) for the next release of "Everything".
Nug

Post by Nug »

I've been mucking around with the beta (414b) to test out the namepart(filename) command however I don't know the correct syntax for the command and I can't seem to get it to work.
This is the code I'm using at the moment

open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\hstart" /NOCONSOLE ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "$parent(%1)" OPENINDEST NEWTAB=findexisting" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd SELECT namepart(filename)")
If it's just meant to be "namepart(filename)" then its probable that I'm using the Directory Opus select command wrongly.
David
Developer

Post by David »

Just got around to testing the namepart function and found a problem.

Please try http://www.voidtools.com/Everything-1.2.1.415a.zip
Nug

Post by Nug »

Still no luck unfortunately.
David
Developer

Post by David »

You might have to include quotes around $namepart()

Try:

open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\hstart" /NOCONSOLE ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "$parent(%1)" OPENINDEST NEWTAB=findexisting" ""C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd SELECT "$namepart(filename)"")
Nug

Post by Nug »

Still not working I'm afraid, thank you very much for the help though.
void
Developer

Post by void »