Not able to change Everything's Icon anymore

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
gggirlgeek

Not able to change Everything's Icon anymore

Post by gggirlgeek »

In version 1.3.3.658 x64 I am unable to change the icon using Everything.ico anymore. In the past I have also changed it directly with a resource editor (for my private use only) but the new version won't allow this either.

I use this feature to mark different instances of Everything that are running with different exclusions. So it's very handy.

For now i have to use older versions when I want different search options. Any chance this will be corrected?

Thanks
gggirlgeek

Re: Not able to change Everything's Icon anymore

Post by gggirlgeek »

Figured it out!

If you are using Multiple instances of Everything you need to rename your substitute icon to Everything-NAME.ico

It should match the name of your .ini and .db files in Everything's folder. For example, if I name this instance "Videos" my .db file will automatically be named "Everything-Videos.db" when I exit. So I will name my substitute icon to "Everything-Videos.ico". (Make sure you include the dash without spaces.)

Tip: I used Everything to search my computer for ".ico" to find some cute icons.
SuperSwinka45

Re:

Post by SuperSwinka45 »

Thank you very much for that topic. It is very informative and useful for me. BTW. Hello to everyone I am new here and it is my first post.