Compare 2 file lists with each other?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Biff

Re: Compare 2 file lists with each other?

Post by Biff »

Menu "Help" > Check for Updates...
Yesyes, but that does not work here. Somehow an automatic update notification / signal or so would be good. Or better yet, an automatic updating.
but to be on the safe side I would still visit the Everything Forum often and keep an eye out for updates. ;)
So "Check for Updates" or else seems to be not save (enough) or less save (for whatever reason). OK, so better visiting this forum every day or more often to not to miss an update.

OK, many thanks!
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Change the search of the diff filter to the following to make this work again.

Code: Select all

#if:<#stricmp:<#element:<$param:,;,1>,#element:<$param:,;,2>>==0,"!">       file:   regex:[regex-escape:[element:$param:,;,1]](.*$) | regex:[regex-escape:[element:$param:,;,2]](.*$)    unique:regmatch1;size;dm
Will update the first appearance of this too. That way people don't need to read all messages.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you very much!

So it's like this now:
tuska

Post by tuska »

NotNull wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:34 pm Change the search of the diff filter to the following to make this work again.

#if:<#stricmp:<#element:<$param:,;,1>,#element:<$param:,;,2>>==0,"!">       file:   regex:[regex-escape:[element:$param:,;,1]](.*$) | regex:[regex-escape:[element:$param:,;,2]](.*$)    unique:regmatch1;size;dm
Will update the first appearance of this too. That way people don't need to read all messages.
Thank you!

Just for your information:
The updated code gives me the same result as with the previous code.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Even with 1372a?

For me, the 1372a version does not work (=no results) with the previous code.
tuska

Post by tuska »

NotNull wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:38 am Even with 1372a?

For me, the 1372a version does not work (=no results) with the previous code.
For me, the PREVIOUS code is here:

#if:<#stricmp:<#element:<$param:,;,1>,#element:<$param:,;,2>>==0,"!">   file:   regex:#regex-escape:<#element:<$param:,;,1>>(.*$) | regex:#regex-escape:<#element:<$param:,;,2>>(.*$)    unique:regmatch1;size;dm
I have now carried out another test with the previous code - search query:

diff:"D:\totalcmd\Test\";"C:\totalcmd\Test\"
It is again the same result in Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64) that I had already documented in the morning:

2024-04-22_Macro diff - 'D totalcmd Test' - 'C totalcmd Test'.png
2024-04-22_Macro diff - 'D totalcmd Test' - 'C totalcmd Test'.png (104.6 KiB) Viewed 185 times

2024-04-22_Synchronize directories_'D totalcmd Test' - 'C totalcmd Test'.png
2024-04-22_Synchronize directories_'D totalcmd Test' - 'C totalcmd Test'.png (35.81 KiB) Viewed 165 times
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Please try with paths that contain spaces.
(also: make sure there aren't multiple filters using the same macro-name, although I think you already took care of that)

Results here (diff1: is the old filtermacro; diff2: the new one) in a fresh instance:
2024-04-25 18_36_24-diff2__t__diff_folder 1__;_t__diff_folder 2__ - Everything (diff) 1.5.0.1372a (x.png
2024-04-25 18_36_24-diff2__t__diff_folder 1__;_t__diff_folder 2__ - Everything (diff) 1.5.0.1372a (x.png (48.09 KiB) Viewed 107 times
tuska

Post by tuska »

Hi,

I have now also created 2 Filter macros: (Previously I had changed the code before a search query)
diff:       new code
diff-old: old code

My search queries for a different file structure(!):
Filter: Everything

diff:"D:\totalcmd\Test 1\";"C:\totalcmd\Test 1\"
diff-old:"D:\totalcmd\Test 1\";"C:\totalcmd\Test 1\"
Results in Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64):
- If there is a folder with a space in the search query, I get NO result with the old or new code.
  (To check, I searched for files that should be present in the search result and these could be found).
- If there is a subfolder with a space in the folder structure, I will get a result.
- If there is NO folder with a space in the search query, then I get a / the same result with the old or new code.

OLD code:

#if:<#stricmp:<#element:<$param:,;,1>,#element:<$param:,;,2>>==0,"!">   file:   regex:#regex-escape:<#element:<$param:,;,1>>(.*$) | regex:#regex-escape:<#element:<$param:,;,2>>(.*$)    unique:regmatch1;size;dm
NEW code:

Unfortunately, I had never tested a search query (filter macro) with spaces in the folder before.