Thoughts for Everything future

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
mariamatcha

Thoughts for Everything future

Post by mariamatcha »

Hi @void, I wonder what's your plans for Everything future. Have you ever thought about taking Everything to the next level and turning it (more) into a file manager? Clearly it would not be an old school type, but something much more advanced, one where you can get all files at once without the need of navigating thorough. I don't know, I can imagine at some point (maybe as another app, better if it's in the same one) the possibility of creating buttons, toolbars, some API to access certain functions, etc. You could still let other programs use the current SDK (1.4), but keep all the new features just for Everything. There would hardly be another file manager that would surpass it, and eventually they would end up becoming obsolete.
horst.epp

Re: Thoughts for Everything future

Post by horst.epp »

There are already file managers like Total Commander which full integrate Everything.
I use Everything for all search operation and TC for managing the files.
This is much easier than make this in Everything,
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

I've generally thought of it as being a file manager already - I already do everything in it, except very occasional tasks.
What sort of tasks were you thinking of in particular?
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

mariamatcha wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:32 pm [...]
turning it (more) into a file manager
[...]
one where you can get all files at once without the need of navigating thorough
[...]
You might want to familiarize yourself with FreeComander and its option

View > Plain View

Like user host.epp said, all you need is something like Total Commander to run along with Everything